In the last month, we have been blessed with an outpouring of support from our congregation, our friends, and our families. A few special shout outs:
- To our volunteers that make the program hum…. from our 14 person decorating crew that transformed the space into a special Christmas wonderland to our core group of volunteers for The Reading Corner to our steadfast Monday and Thursday volunteers that organize and sort clothes/books/ and toys behind the scenes
- To the Christ Church Youth for running a toy drive
- To our Christ Church congregation members. Just last month you organized a PJ drive at your girls’ preschool, you rallied your Block Association for donations, you asked a children’s store that was going out of business for their leftover inventory, you picked up and transported all of these goods, you shared your knitting talents resulting in keepsake blankets and hats for our families, you responded to our urgent need for footmuffs by not only sending them but expediting the shipping, you responded to our families’ need for Pack’n Plays by sending 10 new ones, and the list goes on.
- To our Prayer Warriors. We feel God’s presence every day in that space and our families feel God’s love thanks to your prayers.
- A special shout out to NYC Mammas Give Back for providing diapers, formula, baby food, clothes, and so many other necessities. You have put smiles on many faces (including ours)!
In summary: You rock! You are bringing so many talents and gifts to our families. Thank you for your creativity and passion.